Tuesday 20 January 2015

#Mummymakeover Mid Week Wobble 'what's the point?'

I want chocolate, and pizza and chips and crisps (actually I don't miss crisps at all) well I don't really want to eat all that but my inner brat does!
I'm being petulant and grumpy, I've had so many lovely positive comments and messages about my first weeks weigh in at Slimming World but I'm still in a right huff!

 

My lovely consultant text to cheer me on and say having looked at my food diary she's noticed I've had a couple of days going over 15 Syn's and I need to eat more speed foods. First off I have to say it's lovely having someone to be your personal advisor and I KNOW to just listen and follow her directions and I will succeed but I've found myself feeling grumpy about it all.

  • First I totally thought (because this is how I used to do it) that if I had a 'good' (please note I mean bad) weekend of syn's I could just make up for it by having less syn's through the week.
  • Second I've had speed foods in, on and with every single meal so I turned into a 6 yr old with a 'pfft whateva' attitude for a bit about not eating enough. I mean I honestly couldn't consume any more fruit or veg.

So I'm feeling all very 'what's the point' but I'm giving myself a shake. I'm enjoying good food with loads of fruit and veg and it's really making a difference to how I feel, although I have to be honest I could easily buy a family bar of Dairy Milk and sit at home eating it all myself, but while I may have gotten off with this behaviour gain-free when termite was exclusively breastfed (and I did eat that much , DAILY!) I know I won't now and I'm trying to break these habits.

So I'm just going to spill my misery and grumpiness onto you lot and then go eat some sweet potato and kale curry!

I'm also going to post my favourite recipes so far including a cake!

 

 

 

6 comments:

  1. I started Weight Watchers at the beginning of this year and I always have a bit of a wobble at the weekends, thankfully I've got my boyfriend to keep me on the straight and narrow!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh dear - weightloss is tough! Everyone has good and bad days! I started 5:2 yesterday - because I eat out a lot I thought it was the only regime that really suited me. I woke up grumpy this morning though after my fast day yesterday x

    ReplyDelete
  3. I always try to lose weight, have a bad day and then give up! You're far more resilient than me!! Hopefully writing it all down has helped too. Good luck and keep going! X

    ReplyDelete
  4. I think on my bad days I just have to try to focus on why I'm doing it in the first place and that tomorrow is another day
    xxx

    ReplyDelete
  5. theres so many its hard to choose which one ot go for , i love my meat and homemade meals i really need to try something

    ReplyDelete