Monday 19 January 2015

Gro Bag Review

Gro Bag's! Definitely one of the first products I'd heard of when I was pregnant first time around. Seems everyone with a young child uses them!
I can totally see why, we've been a fan for ages so I was really flattered when I was asked to work with The Gro Company.
We chatted by email about what kind of Gro Bag we would need, and they are a friendly bunch. They didn't even mind when I said we don't do 'girly'. Thing is there's lots of different Baby sleepig bags options, there are different, togs, patterns, sizes, you can even get travel ones with special openings not to mention they go from newborn to age 10!!!! This is information that my big two are very excited about and they claim we 'need' to get them each a big grobag for holidays, best get daddy talked round soon then! 

I love the print on our bag, it's so funky and I love that it's not putrid pastels (a very personal dislike).
Termite has gotten to the point where she likes to move around and wiggle her legs in her sleep so it's important to have lots of room in the bottom of the bag and this is just perfect, it fits snugly around her top so she's not going to slip down and get all bunched up and uncomfortable, but the bottom is wide enough that her evening river dance doesn't leave her tangled up....


The bag also has a double zip so you can open it at any point from top to bottom , making nappy changes in the middle of the night a fuss free affair. It also has a wee 'hatch' so that you can use it while traveling and still ensure little one is securely fastened.


There's been no shrinkage in the wash and it dries quickly too which is great for a quick turnaround. priced at £30.99 it in the mid range of their prices, and I think very reasonable, there's plenty of wear in these so they should last a long time.
They don't just make sleeping bags either check out some of the other brilliant products. I loved the swaddle when the babies were babies and they washed so well that all thereof them have used the same ones. We also found the bedding a great help in transitioning to toddler bed and we will be getting this cute alien one for Termite this summer but our very next purchase will be the award winning gro-light. We've never needed one of these as my babies have always slept in darkness and I've gotten quite adept at happy changing in the dark, but since the start of school my boy has developed a fear of the dark and wants to sleep with his light on! I know this will pass but in the mean time I'd really like to try one of these as a compromise to having a bright light shining on him.
If you'd like to know more you can connect with The Gro Company on Facebook or Twitter and visit the website here.

Family Fever








7 comments:

  1. I don't think I could have survived my son's first year without a baby sleeping bag. He loved it. They're so cosy inside, which gives babies a massive feeling of security. Tx

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's a gorgeous grow bag! I've been looking for something to buy my pregnant best friend and this will be perfect. I wish they made them for adults too.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I have to admit i used these with my little ones and they were great for the worry they didnt throw of their blankets and freeze for the night as they were warm in their gro bags x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Used to love using our Grobags. Such cool baby 'bedding' and always used here to help the monkeys realise it was bedtime. Love the colours and pattern on this one Karen! #TriedTested

    ReplyDelete
  5. We have used Grobags for years now, with all the children, and Max still loves his. The design on this one is gorgeous! Thanks for linking up with #TriedTested

    ReplyDelete
  6. Aw looks at her! Love the little bum in the air, Bo sleeps exactly the same and we love the Gro Bag for staying put whilst she wriggles about!
    Thanks so much for linking up with #TriedTested this week x

    ReplyDelete
  7. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete