Wednesday 21 January 2015

Finding Silver Linings

I would consider myself a fairly positive person, I try to see the silver linings whenever I can, but sometime I, like most of us, can be a total grump!

 

Then last month I read something in passing that really struck me, it was a list of unusual thanks. I won't quote word for word but the jist of it was to find thanks for the things we all grumble about. For example be thankful that your clothes fit a little to snug, it means you have food to eat. Be thankful that you are paying your bills it means you have money to use.

 

There were more but as I said it was read in passing, I wish I had screenshot or saved the image! But these strange thanks popped into my head when I was running downstairs for the 5th time at 4am. This time to Termite just wanting cuddles! I'll be honest 4 hours of very broken sleep had made me a little grumpy but then I remembered this post and thought I'd give it a shot, here is my list...

  • I'm thankful I've been up 5 times to my children because it means I have children, a blessing beyond compare.
  • I'm thankful I've had to go up the stairs again because it means ...
  1. My legs work.
  2. I have stairs. (This has not been the case just recently)
  3. I'm fit enough to do so.
  • I'm thankful that my smallest little person woke me just for a cuddle because I'm loved and needed.
  • I'm thankful that my Husband snoring is keeping me awake because it means I have my husband safe by my side.
  • I'm thankful that my biggest little person woke me up to say she loved me and wanted to sleep in our bed because it means she's not so big she doesn't still love a snuggle.
  • I'm thankful that my middle little climbed into our bed after a bad dream because it means I am still enough to settle his fears

So there you have it, silver linings in every grumble, and you know what? As crazy as they are, thinking up those lists really cheered me up in the middle of a very dark and cold night
Adventure of a Monkeyfooted Mummy

 

 

2 comments:

  1. That's a beautiful list - so good to turn around those things that make us grumble in the middle of the night and turn them into things to be thankful for. Always good to look for the silver linings :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ohh I love this list!
    My daughter still sleeps in my bed, and when she wakes in the night (or kicks me in her sleep, in the face) I always try to remind myself I am lucky to have her in my life, and that she still wants to share a bed wit her mum! Brilliant silver linings x

    ReplyDelete