Thursday 23 January 2014

Sugar and Crumbs Review

When I saw a tweet asking if anyone would like to try out some products from sugar and crumbs, I leaped at the chance, they are a lovely company offering 100% natural fruit flavoured icing sugar and cocoa  powder.

Very quickly I received my lovely tester bag, containing black cherry, coconut and chilli and lime icing sugar  and some chocolate coconut cocoa powder alongside some recipe ideas, which are also featured on their very cool website


The bag arrived just in time for our pre Christmas  bake off! 


So we set about making our coconut mice and also a birthday cake for my best friends birthday. We used black cherry for the mice and coconut for the cake topping but instead of using butter icing I made my favourite whipped cream and icing sugar topping. Which is as simple as folding some icing sugar into double cream and then whipping until it forms peaks. We followed this recipe for the cake using our Chocolate Coconut cocoa powder and we made a snowball cake, I will point out that the kids were heavily involved in this so the term 'ball' is used loosely,  and then smothered it in gorgeous tasting cream topping and sprinkled with coconut.

The coconut mice were so tasty I may (totally did) eat too many of them! The snowball cake, well it may not have looked picture perfect but the coconut flavour really came through and it was delicious, it went down really well!!



The good points

  • All natural flavours
  • Lots of choice
  • A good taste to those we've tried, they actually taste like they are supposed to
  • Reasonably priced

Bad Points

  • There are so many flavours I want to try them all!!

I'd love if you could spread a little love for the gorgeous folks at sugar and crumbs by following them on twitter  or liking them on Facebook 


***Sugar and Crumbs sent us these items free of charge, but all opinions are those Family Monnkeyfeet.***



2 comments:

  1. I'm really keen to try the cherry flavour! Not keen on coconut though so I'm glad we weren't sent that to try!
    Thanks for linking up this week :)
    #TriedTested

    ReplyDelete
  2. This all sounds rather delicious! Chilli and lime sounds amazing! Thanks for linking up with #TriedTested

    ReplyDelete