Saturday 21 February 2015

Simple Breakfast Casserole Recipe

I love a One Pot recipe, less clean up and less effort what's not to love? I love a nice breakfast too so this recipe scores high in my lazy points! I've seen lots of people make slow cooker breakfasts, or one pan breakfasts but I wanted something very Slimming World and Syn Free and this is what I came up with

  • 1 can chopped tomatoes
  • 3 frozen Quorn sausages
  • 2 eggs
  • Basil (I use dried)
  • Fry light

Instructions

  • Spray a medium saucepan with fry light
  • Pour in tomatoes and sausages and boil
  • When the sausages have softened enough chop into pieces about an inch wide
  • Keep boiling until the tomatoes start to thicken
  • Make two wells in the mixture and crack and egg in each
  • Cover pan and simmer for about 7-10 minutes until the egg white is properly poached this should leave the told perfectly soft and slightly runny
  • Serve (Sadly there seems no way to get the casserole from pan to plate in a beautiful presentation but I swear the taste more than makes up for it

This fed two of us as its really filling,

I'm going to try this with some bacon and mushrooms in for the husband I'll just fry the bacon and mushrooms before addis the toms and sausages.

 

2 comments:

  1. I'm sorry to say this recipe is not my cup of tea - the only ingredient I like is the basil! LOL! Looks like a nice and cheap way to fill up though x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sounds fab, but I detest cooked tomatoes. I only like the juice.

    Cat x

    ReplyDelete