Thursday 6 March 2014

Thankful Thursday Week 10

This is my weekly linky for us all to share our silver linings, brags, boasts or just something that made us smile. Be it a picture, a word, a sentence or a great big essay lets share what we are thankful for this week. It can be a new post just for this linky, an old post you think is suitable, a picture, a video, one word or a thousand this linky is all about thankfulness so whatever has made you grateful this week I would love to know.
If you would like to link up I would love for you to grab the badge below and spread a little linky love to some of the others taking part, and don't forget to spread the word, invite lots of people and help me grow this and make Thursdays a happier place.

This Week I am thankful for education! 

We've just come from Peanut's parent review evening, where we have been shown examples of her writing and number work, pictures of her learning journey and we've been informed that she will be in the 'exceeding' bracket when she comes to move into year 1. 
As parents we put a lot of effort into education in everything we do. We count , find letters, colours and patterns in everyday life, at the supermarket, in the park, quite simply wherever we are.

But I have no doubt that the school she attends plays a huge part in developing her in all areas. Having just recently seen research on how the buildings we work/live/play in  can improve education/health/productivity. I can say hand on heart I am grateful that I live in a country where my children can go to a large modern school filled with facilities and equipment to bring out the best in them. Added to that the enthusiastic, dedicated and passionate teachers, I know they are being given a brilliant start

I have seen first hand in countries around the world schools which amount to nothing more than a ramshackle hut for which parents pay huge amounts to send their children. So whilst our government may not be perfect and our education system over stretched and under criticism by many, I feel blessed for what we have and what it has given our children.
Adventures of A Monkeyfooted Mummy

3 comments:

  1. Thanks for reminding me!

    My country is poor and our school is in bad state. True that what your govt offer one of the best there is.

    Your post is nice. I am thankful of the education system here are well.

    =)

    Have a nice Thursday!

    ReplyDelete
  2. what a lovely thankful thursday post and so true!! thank you for hosting! xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great post. It's easy to take what we have available for granted x

    ReplyDelete