Wednesday 14 May 2014

Tinterweb!

I remember a conversation when I was around 15 (thats around 20 years ago you nosey lot)  with an IT Manager, who was the Dad of one of my friends. He described the Internet as boring and slow with not much to offer! Can you imagine?

I also remember hearing the dial up tone waiting to connect to try to research my university work, and the feeling of dread if you got disconnected, that wait all over again!

This week I have written reviews, planned holidays, booked appointments, done banking, shopped, helped with homework, and connected with friends. All thanks to the Internet ! So this week I'm going to say a great big thankyou for the internet, it makes the world a smaller place and an easier one to manage when you have a busy life.



Adventures of A Monkeyfooted Mummy

1 comment:

  1. Ahhh the sound of dial up....I remember it so well and having to disconnect if you wanted to use the phone...lol

    ReplyDelete