Saturday 16 January 2016

Marmite Pasta Recipe

I love Nigella's marmite spaghetti and it's one of Termites favourites too but all that butter doesn't bode well for my Syn count.  So I've tweaked it a bit to make it syn free.
  • 400g pasta
  • 4 laughing cow light
  • 1 dollop of marmite (I like lots you may prefer less)
  • Salt and pepper
  • Cook your pasta, about 5 minutes before its finished start your sauce...
  • Place marmite, laughing cow and 100 mls of the pasta water (I use half a ladle)  in a saucepan and stir together while the cheese melts
 
  • Set aside a cup of the pasta water
  • Drain pasta and place into the pan with the marmite mix
  • Stir well
  • Add more pasta water if it seems sticky (I don't need to normally, these measurements work perfectly) 
  • Serve immediately 
 

3 comments:

  1. This sounds interesting - I've never tried marmite pasta but I've got a craving for it now :)

    Helen x

    http://treasureeverymoment01.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am NOT a fan of marmite :-( I think this is the most un-useful comment ever! LOL

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am NOT a fan of marmite :-(

    ReplyDelete