Thursday 5 March 2015

The Blessing of Books - My Thankful Thursday

Staying topical this week I wanted to share my gratitude for books and reading.

I have memories of curling up with a book and getting lost in a story from being very very young. In fact I still remember when I was about 10yrs old reading "The Silver Crown" and being so engrossed that at times I felt scared! I remember even younger than that reading many many Roal Dahl books with utter pleasure.

 

It Brings me so much joy to read to my kids but moreover to see them reading for joy and entertainment. I'm so grateful that for now they are happiest reading and writing, it makes me happy that technology hasn't yet taken its hold and perhaps when it does we can encourage them to listen to audio books or read ebooks.

 

Book Day Dress up

 

So today on World Book Day I'm thankful we have books in schools, that we have free access to amazing libraries, that we have freedom to choose our own reading materials and that we have so much wonderful literature to choose from!

 

Adventure of a Monkeyfooted Mummy

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

1 comment:

  1. Love this post - books are a great thing to be thankful for. I've always loved reading and it is wonderful to be able to escape into another world when you get lost in a book :-)

    ReplyDelete