Friday 14 August 2015

Afternoon Tea at Jesmond Dene House

We love a good afternoon tea here at Monkeyfeet HQ. I blame my lovely nana who's answer for any problem was tea and a cream scone! My Lovely pal was turning Thirty + Ten this week and we were looking for a suitably special venue for afternoon tea and where better to go than Jesmond Dene House

She doesn't look a day over 25!

I've passed this hotel ( the only independently owned boutique hotel in Newcastle) many times and alway admired it's lovely appearance, gorgeous location and we've heard great reviews too. 

 

I was not disappointed, infact they truly impressed me, let's start with the concierge who greeted my motley crew with not a raised eyebrow, a fair achievement whe said motley crew were screeching with delight at the resident hotel cat 'Riley' who has his own wee house outside. We were taken into a lovely comfortable lounge to await our table, he even asked which type of high chair we would like!

One of the most impressive parts of our afternoon tea was the lovely service, upon sitting down our server informed us that we could have a dairy free afternoon tea if we wished, now I don't know if this is the work of their lovely PR who knew if Termites newly acquired dairy allergy or if the staff had overheard Oesnut telling me she would eat all the cake because Termite was allergic to milk (she's very kind, our peanut) either way I was stupidly pleased that this was an option as Termite is struggling to come to terms with her newly restricted diet. So one veggie, one dairy free and one standar afternoon tea were ordered with some english breakfast and some coffee and we didn't wait long for the beautiful offerings to arrive.

 
A great selection of finger sandwiches including, hummus and vegetables, tomato and pesto, salmon, chicken, ham and goats curd. Alongside cheese, plain and fruit scones, and a lovely selection of dairy and non dairy cakes.

My first impression ( because I'm a greedy mare) was that the selection was not as big as some afternoon teas I've had, but I was very very wrong I was struggling to finish at the end and that was even with sharing my scones with the greedy gannet children! The children really enjoyed the whole experience and obviously the cakes and scones (and our cakes and scones!!)

Yep, too busy eating mammy's scone, can't possibly look at the camera!

My bestie was very impressed with her veggie selection and enjoyed her coffee especially as 'they warmed the milk without being asked' always the sign of a nice establishment.. The restaurant was busy but this didn't affect the service at all, We had tea and coffee replenished swiftly and there were always staff in sight and checking that we were ok without actually intruding . After our tea we had a wander around the lovely garden and I realised that there are seats out on the terrace overlooking the gorgeous gardens, so next time we visit i think we'll 'take tea on the terrace' that way the kids can play in the garden (and not scoff my cakes!)

 



I'd highly recommend Jesmond Dene House for an afternoon tea its a lovely treat in a lovely hotel. Speaking of the hotel I was excited to hear that they cater happily for families with suites and interconnecting rooms. We like a nice boutique hotel and often choose to spend a night somewhere nice locally and I cant think of anywhere nicer than here for our next North East Holiday especially if it means dining in the restaurant again!





Connect with the Monkeyfooted Mummy
Connect with Jesmond Dene House
If you enjoy our blog, we'd love to be nominated in the North East Blogger Awards, just click on the logo below

http://www.nebloggerawards.co.uk/


No comments:

Post a Comment