Tuesday 26 May 2015

Slimming World Mac and Cheese

I wouldn't normally even consider Mac and Cheese on Slimming World as I prefer my Mac exactly like you get it in Hard Rock Cafe. Spicy, creamy and full of cheese! But I had a real hankering for it so decided I'd cobble something together and oooooooooh mama it's so nice we've ate it twice this week, and it's only Tuesday!

In this recipe I used my healthy A and Spartacus' healthy A too. But as the dish was shared between the two of us I have still counted it as syn free. If you are making this for one person there will be syns!

You all know I'm not so good at the measuring but because this recipe uses both mine and the husbands healthy A choice I did weigh the cheese.

I used enough pasta for two big meals and then some extra!

Ingredients

  • Pasta (any shape you like my preference is spirali but we only had penne today
  • 300mls of ham stock (I use 3 cubes to make this up)
  • 300g Quark
  • Cayenne Pepper to taste
  • 2 eggs
  • 5 laughing Cow Light
  • 40g Reduced fat cheese
  • Teaspoon of mustard powder mixed with 15ml water
  • 2 peppers finely chopped
  • 5 strips of bacon finely chopped
  • 2 cloves of garlic crushed
  • 2 red onions finely chopped
  • Dried chilli flakes to taste

 

  1. Pre heat oven to 150 (medium)
  2. Boil some pasta until al dente then drain and rinse
  3. Put the eggs, cayenne pepper and quark in a bowl a mix well
  4. Mix together stock, mustard mix and laughing cow in a jug
  5. Fry onion, garlic, peppers bacon and chilli flakes until veg is soft and bacon cooked then remove from heat
  6. Pour in the stock mixture
  7. Add the quark mix
  8. DO NOT PANIC YOU MAY THINK IT LOOKS LIKE SOMETHING THREW UP IN YOUR PAN...it's fine I promise
  9. Add in 1/2 the grated cheese
  10. Stir well ensure a smooth consistency with no lumps
  11. Mix in your pasta
  12. Pour it all into an oven proof dish
  13. Sprinkle the remaining pasta
  14. Bake for 30 minutes

Enjoy

 

 

 

1 comment: