Monday 4 November 2013

Ozeri kitchen scales review

I'm a bit of fan of baking,  even more now that I've succumbed to watching The Great British Bake Off! But I'm also a list checker and rule follower so I like to ensure I follow a recipe accurately when it comes to baking cakes. This to me means three things, I need good scales, lots of bowls so everything is ready to go, and a timer so I'm spot on.  Well no one wants a soggy bottom or a mushy muffin do they? 

So with the husbands 40th birthday looming I set to work in the kitchen using my new Ozeri kitchen scales, now these boast the ability to weigh in various units and also have a timer. So I was excited to see if I could throw away my dodgy mechanical scales and old kitchen timer... 

These scales are easy to use, everything is fairly clear and a unit change from ounces to grammes, pounds or kilogrammes is a simple push of a button, and resetting to zero is another button. They weigh up to 12lb and switch themselves off after 3 minutes so no fear of me running the batteries down because of my mummy brain!

In no time at all we had our ingredients weighed and ready for action very soon we would be looking at a beautiful Bero Recipe chocolate cake..



The scales are large enough to hold most bowl sizes and still enable a good view of the screen, yet small enough that they don't take up loads of space in the cupboard.

The instructions are easy to follow and so the timer was easy to set with just a couple of buttons and it can count up or down, with an audible, visible or combined alarm. Overall I have no bad points to mention, these are great value scales and do exactly what they are supposed to with the benefit of also having an in built timer.

I'm quite impressed and will be looking at investing in other Ozeri products, I especially have my eye on their beautiful looking cookware. You can fins Ozeri on Facebook

Back to the cake, I can tell you it tasted fabulous but after allowing a 3 and 4 year  old decorate it, well I won't be winning star baker! But there was a lot of pride here in monkey towers!








Ozeri kindly sent us these scales to review but the opinions in this post are all those of Family Monkeyfeet.


No comments:

Post a Comment