Saturday 10 August 2013

Skip Hop and a Jump of Joy For Bag Heaven

Skip Hop Dash Deluxe Review

In the days before children, I loved a beautiful handbag, and had a large collection of  bags. So it should have come as no surprise that my healthy 'appreciation' of bags would continue into motherhood.

Ive had a lot of baby changing bags, my free Boots Parenting Club  bag, the obligatory matching bag for my Quinny and numerous others, but my favourite by far has been The Skip Hop I have owned two Duo's but my favourite by far is the Dash


Skip Hop create unique, innovative and highly functional products that make parenting easier, better and more fun. Based in New York City, Skip Hop is available world-wide for parents who appreciate better products that help improve their busy lives. Started by Husband and Wife team  Ellen and Michael Diamantin 2003 after the Birth of their Son they searched for a diaper bag that looked great and worked well, they found nothing. So they invented something.

Almost a decade and hundreds of products later, Ellen and Michael are still inventing “everything-in-its-place” solutions that are smart, functional and great- looking for overjoyed, busy parents like themselves.
Today, Skip Hop is a global brand recognised by discerning parents for innovation, great design and the highest quality in the baby products business.

Skip Hop products meet or exceed all applicable standards for product safety in the markets they sell to. This includes physical/mechanical standards, as well as recent legislation regarding chemicals and minerals such as BPA, lead and Phthalates. All parties involved in the manufacture of Skip Hop products are required to follow these guidelines, and all tests are conducted by registered independent testing facilities.

They also have AMAZING customer service but I shall tell you more of that later. So having owned many bags I decided I would treat myself to a Limited Edition Jonathon Adler Skip Hop Dash and how beautiful it was ......


It comes with a pouch perfect for my mummy essentials which are, mini mouth wash, mini deodorant, money, mints and a bobble or two. There is also a wipe clean changing mat, but the pockets, oh my days I love an organised bag , onviously, and this has two pockets on the front, one on each side, a long one on the back a zip up one along the top, two pockets inside at the back and one inside at the front and a huge middle section. 

Do you know what that means? I can take 2 children's water bottle, secure my keys in the zippy pocket (clipped to the special purpose installed hook,  I have an internal pocket for a change of clothes for each of my toddlers, a pocket for a clean tee for me, room for snacks, games, calpol, Karvol,  wipes, my  ipad, two Iphones, Saprtacus' glasses my sunglasses and passports tickets and money, plus my little matching pouch and the changing mat (just in case I need to sit one of the kids down somewhere not clean) slides just perfect in the back section.

I mention all of these things because that is exactly what went into it on our last 4 holidays, and just to make me love it more, it fits perfectly under the seat in front so I have everything to hand

The fabric is touch and hard wearing and it has a strap to use like a messenger bag or two wee straps to use for hooking over a pram handle bar, these can be detached/unfastened if you want but I love the choice so mine stay firmly in place.

Now I want to tell you about my customer service experience. I emailed Skip Hop to say I'd noticed a slight fault in the material, they replied to ask for a picture, the item number from the internal tag and details of where and when I had bought it, which by the way was more than a year ago. I replied with all the details and the very same day the emailed to tell me a new replacement was on its way! Absolutely amazing customer service and in my opinion makes the Bag worth every single penny.

We also have Skip Hop Zoo Lunchies and Back Packs which I will review soon but I can say with no hesitation we all love them.

1 comment:

  1. Gorgeous! I keep trying to convince myself I don't need a new changing bag for number 3 . . .

    ReplyDelete